So, first of all, I would love to thank Acire from Scribe’s Canvas for nominating me for this award. This is my first month of actually writing on this blog, so needless to say, receiving this award is a huge deal to me.
Here are my answers to Acire’s questions:
1. What is your favorite mode of transportation and why?
It would have to be a car. Yes, I know, I know: It’s unoriginal. But hey, there’s nothing better than driving ten miles over the speed limit while you’re blasting gangster rap out the window–but that might just be me.
2. What is your favorite foreign food?
If it’s loosely considered “Chinese”, chances are I probably already love it. It’s inhumane to make me pick a favorite Chinese dish.
3. Are you a dog person or a cat person?
I grew up living with only dogs. However, my best friend has cats, and after one of his cats jumped on top of my shoulder and sank its claws into them, I knew from then on I was a cat person.
4. What kind of music do you like?
I’m most familiar with rap/hip-hop music (Kendrick Lamar, Death Grips, MF Doom, Tupac, J Dilla) and rock (Car Seat Headrest, Weezer, Patti Smith, Nirvana, Radiohead, Rage Against The Machine, The Strokes, Arcade Fire) but I’ve come to love certain pop artists (Ariel Pink, Carly Rae Jepsen, Kate Bush, Beach House, Sia) and folk-ier artists (Neutral Milk Hotel, Surfjan Stevens). I love jazz (Miles Davis, Roland Kirk, John Coltrane) and country (Johnny Cash, Waylond Jennings, Merle Haggard), too.
5. Why did you start your blog?
I started my blog to–first and foremost–write. I’ve always been more interested in writing about politics rather than creatively, but it turns out I’m better at writing poems, short stories and haikus than political essays. Who knew?!
6. Have you ever flown a kite? And if so, where?
I remember trying to fly a kite in my backyard. I also remember there not being enough wind, so the kite failed to launch, as it were.
7. Would you rather live in the city or country? Why?
I’d rather live in the city if and only because I live in the country and 1.)My internet sucks and 2.)Nobody grows good weed around here (I’m joking… kind of).
8. Have you written anything besides your blog?
Unfortunately, no. I’ve entered The Write Practice’s 5th Anniversary Writing Contest, however. You can read all four of my entry’s drafts on this blog!
9. Would you rather go to an art museum or a soccer (football) match?
An art museum. But only with a good friend. I don’t like to have fun alone.
10. Do you speak more than one language (Klingon counts)?
I took two years of Latin in school, and I’m none the wiser as to how to speak it. Besides, I have my hands full enough as it is with English!
11. You are happiest when you are wearing what on your feet?
My black socks that have the atomic model on them. I love those to death.
Here are the blogs I nominate for this award (in no particular order):
https://julianbeachwriting.wordpress.com/ (His poem, Lux Brumalis, is easily one of the best poems I’ve ever read)
https://littlebittie.wordpress.com/ (This man is a hidden gem!)
https://vernaculis.wordpress.com/ (He doesn’t post that often, but when he does, it’s great.)
Now, here’s what you need to do:
Answer the questions below, then nominate up to 11 other blogs. Try to nominate blogs with 500 followers or less. Then ask those you’ve nominated 11 questions and make sure to add the Liebster Award sticker to your blog!
Here’s the questions for those of you who have been nominated:
1. If you had a Spotify playlist named after you, what would it be called?
2. If you were President of the United States, who would be your Vice President?
3. Do you write aside from your blog?
4. Do you have any weird hobbies?
5. Do you have any weird talents?
6. If I opened up your browser’s history, what would be the weirdest thing I’d find?
7. Do you know more than one language?
8. Why did you want to start your blog?
9. What makes you happiest?
10. Do you play video games? If so, which ones do you play the most?
11. If you could name any person Ruler of the Universe, who would be the most entertaining Ruler?
Again, I have to thank Acire for nominating me for this award. I want to thank everyone who has supported me this last month for all that they’ve done for me. Thank you all! Make sure to check out Scribe’s Canvas if you already haven’t.